?What do we mean narrow kidney pelvis
Kidney pelvis narrowing is the presence of narrowing in the part separating the kidneys and ureters, and this narrowing may slow the movement of urine from the kidneys to the ureters and sometimes stop its descent completely, which results in repeated infections in the kidneys and in some cases these infections may lead to Kidney tissue damage.
?What are the causes of narrow renal pelvis
- The main cause in most cases of narrowing of the renal pelvis is a genetic cause where the child is born narrow in the kidney pelvis, and therefore most of these cases are diagnosed during pregnancy during the periodic examination of the expectant mother by television rays, which requires a visit to a urologist immediately after birth To treat narrowing quickly to avoid any complications of this narrowing.
- In adults, the narrowing of the renal pelvis may be due to the presence of kidney stones.
- The narrowing of the renal pelvis may result from performing some kidney surgeries.
In children, most cases are discovered before birth or immediately after birth without the appearance of any symptoms, but in the event that the case is not detected before birth, there are several symptoms that appear on children and adults, the most important of which are:
- Having a mass in the abdomen
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Renal colic and pain in the kidneys
- Kidney stones
- blood in urine
- continuous vomiting
- In children, lack of proper growth
- TV rays
- X-ray dye
- CT scan
- Atomic scanning of the kidneys to determine the presence or absence of narrowing and its effect on the kidney tissue and the efficiency of its work.
Most children who suffer from narrowed renal pelvis may not need treatment and only need to follow up their kidney function through periodic analyzes and rays, and their condition may improve during the first year and a half of their life.
:As for the cases that require treatment, the treatment is through
1- -traditional surgery
And during which the narrow part is removed and the ureter and the kidney pelvis are reconnected naturally and in a way that allows urine to descend in its natural course. In some cases, a stent is installed that is removed after reassurance that the place of surgery has healed.
2- Abdominal endoscopy
It is a method similar to traditional surgery, but the excision of the narrow area is done through the endoscope.
3-Using a laser through a cystoscope or a kidney endoscope
Where the endoscope is inserted from the opening of the urethra in order to expand the narrowing using a laser. It is preferable to use this method in cases that have had previous unsuccessful surgery or in the case of a small narrowing that does not require surgery.